Friday, May 13, 2011

I'm not sure what happened, but when I went to my blog page this afternoon I noticed that my lastest blog on one of my dinners is not only gone from my blog page but also is missing from list of post written.  So a little recap, two night ago I made a mexican inspired dish that I titled "Ball!" because it wasn't a knock out likeI had hoped for, but it's wasn't a complete waste like they have been in the past.  I mean, Jeremy ate it!!

 Last night was somewhat the same.  I tried my hand at Chicken Fried Steak and a Sweet Potato Casserole.  I was really bummed at the kids reaction.  I really thought they would be excited to dig in and do so.  The sweet potatos were cooked with maple syrup and sweet carmelized onions...mmm.  I thought they turned out fabulous and will be making that dish again!  My steaks were a different story.  I ate a little more than one but my kids barely touched it.  The steak wasn't bad, but I'm not very good at frying I guess.  The breading either came off during cooking or it fell right off with cutting.  It really didn't seem worth all the work.  So not sure how often I'll be doing that.  I know, practice makes perfect.  But it takes alot of time for a dish like that, at least for me it did.  We didn't even eat dinner last night until 7pm!!  So we'll see.  Anywho, I did think the plate at the very least it looked good and so here's a pic

No comments:

Post a Comment