Sunday, February 13, 2011

Movin' on up!

This weekend was a pretty typical weekend for me and the kids.  Jeremy had to work Friday and Saturday so the kids and I were on our own like most weekends.  Friday nights I usually take the kids out to eat somewhere.  We've done Panerra Bread a couple of times and often we go to Subway.  We'll pretty limited due to the ratio of parent to child and I don't really go for fast food much anymore.  But this weekend we stayed in for a little Hamburger Helper.  I know what your thinking, ewww.  I usually think the same thing, that I'm not really in the mood for it and yet it seems that every time I make it, we all eat it up and I usually end the meal thinking "that was pretty good".  I think in the end, there's really nothing wrong with a little Hamburger Helper every now and again.
 Saturday I was pretty moody and didn't feel like doing much of anything, which is a shame because we don't really do anything all week.  I'm not really sure why I've been feeling pissy lately, but I have.  Soooo, I did a little grocery shopping bought a few things to make the hubs a mini cheesecake for Valentines Day, bathed the kids and tucked them into bed.  I felt better Sunday morning but by 9:30am I began to grow irritated with Jeremy because he, in my opinion, was taking advantage of sleeping in.  By lunch time I had had my fill of people, strangers, kin, it really didn't matter.  I took off in the car made to McDonalds and yes ordered the #4 value meal, the best one by the way and proceeded to stuff my fat pregnant face.  Yes, it did make me feel better.  I haven't had fast food in at least a month.  It's not like I was fighting the craving by any means, but it still felt good to indulge and be alone in the car.  By the time I got back to the house, it was almost time for Jeremy and I to leave again to look a house for rent.  I had been looking forward to this all week!  It's a duplex and not originally want Jeremy were hoping for but at this point beggers can't be choosers.
 Long story short, the house was great.  Has just enough room for us,  beautiful home, great yard, the landlords are extremely sweet and the price was right too!  Jeremy and I took about 10 min to discuss it after we left from looking at it and I called back this evening to confirm that we wanted it.  Where do I sign, what do you need?  I'm so excited!  Because the owners are in the process of buying a new home we will have to wait until April to move in.  It was a little bit of a disappointment, but I really am so happy to find something that it really doesn't matter.  And there is always a chance the move in date could get moved up to sooner.  Fingers crossed!!

1 comment: