Monday, February 21, 2011

Tropical Fruit

Holy Cow, I really didn't mean to let an entire week go by without blogging.  Well, it's a Monday and that means it's time for a little "My Monday".  Today is the update on baby Mickey.  Today marks the 23rd week of pregnancy bliss.  It really has been an easy and enjoyable pregnancy.  Much like my pregnancy with Reese and Logan, I really wasn't terribly nauseous in the beginning and the rest of the time I've just been growing and much like my pregnancy with Logan and Brooke (very much unlike with Reese) I've been gaining weight at a nice rate.  Today I went to the doc for a little check-up.  Heart rate for baby was good, in the 150's and I weighed 142lbs, that's about 20 lbs since September.  I'm good with that.  I have roughly 4 months left and I hope not to gain more that 15lbs between now and then...we'll see. 

 By now, at 5 months preggers, the fetus size is comparable to a papaya. Average size: 10.5-11.8 in, and weighing in at 12.7-20.8 oz.  It's so amazing to what baby is up to in the womb.  At this point baby is able to hear outside nosies well and studies show that gentle music and mommas voice are smoothing sounds for him/her.  The face is fully formed and sleep cycles have begun as well, snoozing about 12 to 14 hrs a day.  I sure wish that rule "sleep when baby sleeps" applied right about now!

 I feel baby Mickey often throughout the day and I've bee able to put either Jeremy or one of the kids' hands on my belly for them to feel too.  Yesterday, Jeremy and I saw my belly "jump". 

 Well, it's back to the autotrader website to do more research of what kind of new car we should get.  Jeremy is all about getting an Expedition because it has 4 wheel drive.  While I think it's a pretty important feature to have, I don't really think is outweighs the fact that gas ain't cheap! It's gonna take more to fill the Expedition than to fill up a van.  Yes, I'm considering a spacious and groovy (hahahaha) van.  The room those things have are A-Mazing.  I love the automatic doors and finally they are better on gas which looks like is only going up in price.  I think I'll put up a new poll for yall to take.  Help us out!

4 comments:

  1. I would go with a VAN over a Expedition. My sister had a Expedition and finally traded it in for a Caravan. The Expedition was NOT fun with YOUNG kids, b/c you have to lay down seats, and she wasn't able to look back and see if seat belts were on etc. She is VERY happy with her van.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say this is the first pic where I can actually tell you are pregnant. Hope all is well with you. P.S. I voted for Van, those things are sweet now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know my vote VAN= cheaper gas.

    P.S. your the fat one now and I gotta say I love it!! What?

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Faith: I know right! I gotta win this battle with Jer

    To Shawna: Bahahahaha....your comment "those things are sweet now" made me laugh outloud! But your right, whenever I'm looking at a van I always think, "dang, we could camp out in one of these!"

    To Cole: Jeremy saids I'm not "fat" just "pregnant" but thanks for straightening things out. Leave to the sis-in-law to be the real truth teller...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete