Monday, February 7, 2011

My Mondays

Well, I'm back online and so is "My Mondays".  Today marks the 21st week of pregnancy and I can officially brag that I'm in the home stretch.  I'm usually pretty content at the stage of my pregnancy.  Any nausea or sickness has long passed, and I'm noticeably pregnant.  I find it kinda annoying to be slowly but surely getting "too big for my britches" while rounding the end of the first trimester and yet it's not quite noticeable to others...all they notice is that I might be adding a couple of lbs at this point.  Booooo!

According to the site I'm following, last week at 20 weeks the baby was about the size of a cantaloupe.  Average size of about 6.5in and 10.6oz.  At this point last week, the baby's digestive system was very busy producing meconium  (it's the dark tarry stuff that fills the diaper after birth)  And the baby's genitals have been fully formed, not that Jeremy and I found out...or did we?  No, we didn't although I did have an anatomy ultra sound done last week but, I'm keeping the sex a secret...even from myself. 

Okay, this week.  21 weeks and now the size of a...banana?  Sounds a little backwards to me but you have to think of in terms of actual measurements.  At this point the baby is about 10.5in and 12.7oz.  That's some impressive growing in just a week!  What's the fetus up to, you ask?  Well I'll tell you.  He/she is staying hydrated by gulping several ounces of amniotic fluid. The neat part, his/her taste buds are working!  This means that if baby is already used to me eating good, healthy foods now, then he/she will be interested in those same taste after birth.  I hadn't realized that in my previous pregnancy.  Although, my kids aren't terribly picky, they all can be from time to time.  So, I think from this point on I will try to give baby a wide range of taste while consistently eating good veggies and fruit.  I have been very good about eating salads lately.  It's just something I've been in the mood for during the last 2 weeks.  I've mainly been eating mandarin organes, fetta cheese, sometimes cherry tomatoes on top of a spring mix with snow peas and a little oil and sweet vinegar as dressing.  Hope that helps later ;)


2 comments: