Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ear wax candles to the rescue

I should have totally taken a picture of it, but I got so excited that I forgot.  Reese had her first ear wax candle experience tonight.  I was introduced to them just a couple of years ago.  It's hard to explain...it's some kind of "tube" that has a narrow end to stick into the ear and it's open at the top.  It's about 12 in. long and when lit a the top it creates a suction at the bottom into the ear canal and begins to "suck" out the ear wax.  It's increadble!  There is no pain, nothing.  You just lay down and about 30 minutes latter unravel the final quater of the tube and see all the ear wax that's been hanging out.

 I've been wanting to have Reeses' done for awhile now.  She has so much wax packed down in her canal, that the child seriously has some hearing difficulties.  Wow!  So much came out tonight and there is still so much more to get.  We're going to do it again tommorrow night and I can't wait.  I'm one of those people who get a kick out of gross stuff like that!  Sadly, it was the highlight to my day.  Not that it wasn't another good day, it just was alot of fun seeing all that junk finally out of her poor ears.

 So our trip to NC is coming to a close soon.  Tommorrow I plan to spend a little time in Raleigh with Shay, her youngest and all three of mine ofcourse.  We basicly have decided to load all four kids into the car so we can drive to the Cupcake Shoppe in down town Raleigh to purchase a dozen each of some of the best cupcakes I've ever eaten.  So excited!!!  Sure, we'll do other stuff...just don't know what yet, and I don't care.  Just as long as when we head back into town, I'm sitting pretty with my dozen cupcakes.  Hands off kids, your getting Wal-fart cupcakes hahahahaha.

 Saturday I plan to head back up north but not before a stop in Cary to visit on more friend and then off the PA we go where our new house is awaiting us!  It's been fun.  Although we have been home now for more than two weeks, I still wish I had more time with more friends.  I love being home!  I even miss the snotty, rich bitties that think there better than you because they just came from spending over $200 at Talbots and now that your both headed to the same checkout lane at Fresh Market, they feel the need to jump ahead of you and your kids because their serving wine in an hour with their neighbors from the county club and they must get back home to make sure the maid cleaned up the bathrooms for the third time this week.  Awwww, there's no place like home!!  I know I went a little far with that, but I do miss it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: