Sunday, March 13, 2011

Painted Piggies

Rise and shine!  At least it was light outside when the first of the 7 kids woke up this morning.  Losing an hour wasn't quite as bad as I anticipated it being.  I thought for sure the youngest of the kids would be up before it was light out.  But not a word until just after 7am, typical mind you, however it would've been just after 6 am if it wasn't for the time change.  Maybe these kids know more than they let on...

 Had a light breakfast, enjoyed 2, make that 3 sips of my coffee and then got the kids ready and myself to see Shays parents around 10am.  By then though it had really warmed up outside and soon we were all outside playing and catching up together.  We did a picnic lunch in the front yard, took some pics, took some falls, cried a few tears and then took naps.  Lola, Brooke and  hahaha Logan took a nap at about 1pm.  Sweet, I get to watch to game without too many interruptions.  And a sweet, sweet, ACC championship game it was my friends.  Duke won their 19th championship while I sat next to Shay and gloated while also sitting next to Andrew who well, didn't gloat so much.  Wa-Wa, sorry about your luck Carolina fans, although luck didn't have anything to do with it.  It was a fun game to watch and we shared in some good food while we were at it!

 After Brooke got up, my kids and I headed out to the Reservoir Park where we walked what felt like an eternity to get to just the right spot.  Once there, we said our last good-byes to Miss Rosie and the four of us shared in sprinkling her ashes in the water.  I thought I would cry more, but I was pleasantly at peace as I reflected on the last 7 and half wonderful years with truly one of Gods most amazing animals.  We were so blessed to have her in our lives. 

It was a busy day and great day.  After a spaghetti dinner, Lola, Reese, and Brooke all got their toenails painted.  This was a first for Miss Brookie-Boo.  And while the two other girls opted for a pattern of all three colors, I choose to have Brooke's painted in all solid bright pink, while she sat on the potty.  She was tickled!  I think her little fat tootsie look adorable...

No comments:

Post a Comment