Saturday, March 26, 2011

On the road again

So it happened again, I had no internet for a week.  Sorry faithful blog followers, it was out of my control.  But the kiddies and I are back from our trip to NC and we had so much fun!  It was honestly one of our better trips.  For the most part, I had enough time to spend with just about everyone without feeling my alarm was going to go off so I knew it was time to hurry to the next friends house.  It was still busy but so enjoyable!

 So now we're back and were welcome to a new home!  It's been a crazy week!!  At times I was really wishing I could just hop online for just a minute to blog but at the same time a little glad that by not having access to the internet, I had a real excuse because even though I wanted to, up until now there really has been no time to get on.  And oh so much more still to do.  I can't wait though to post a video of the house.  Again, it's no dream home but I'm excited to share "my space" with everyone.  It may be another week or more though, there really is alot more to do and with Jeremy starting a new job he's well, practically never here and I'm well,  practically never going to get much more than an hours worth of stuff done with the little hell-raisers... I mean sweet darlings sent from Heaven running around.  Just kidding everyone, I love my babies!!!!!

 But back to my trip home for just a minute.  I knew when this moment happen that I just had to blog about it.  So it's our last day in town, and I decide before we leave I'll call my sister Pammie to meet us for a quick lunch.  We meet at the park in Carthage, settle in at a table just to decided seconds later to move to a different one in the sunshine due to the wind and finally we're eating...well, most of us.  I of course have taken my one and only bite, when low and behold Logan saids "I really gotta go poop mom".  Nice, just what I wanted to hear.  "Okay Logan, come with me".  We set out back to the car, only 10 yards away and it's packed full mind you.  But no worries I'm a mom right?!  I got the potty seat accessible.  Reach in the car, pull it out, plop it on the ground, and Logan goes to town.  Yay, teenagers.  Really, I mean really?  Only a hand full of teenie-poppers roll up on their bicycles with their lunch and walk by with a couple of snickers.  "Whatever punks, give it 10 years"  So Logan drops a deuce in his normal 5 second time frame.  He then bends over, I proceed to wipe his rump and then with a plastic bag that is of course always handy, I scoop out his poop, wipe the potty clean, dispose of the crap (literally), clean our hands and head back to the table to finish lunch.  Like a well oiled machine people.  I didn't skip a beat or let it keep me from eating my meal, ain't no way. 

Two things I'm thinking: 1. "Boy, you just haven't lived until this is apart of your repertoire" and 2. "Yeah right, like Jeremy could handle this!"  No offense, I love my husband and he's a great, great father, but there just isn't anyway he would have handled that situation with that kind of organization and ease.  He probably would have looked at Pammie and said "Well, got any idea's?"

  Well, that was my going away story.  Stay tuned for pics of our family fun!   P.S   I promise, I'll keep 'em clean, no poop!

1 comment:

  1. You sound like such a pro, I can't even handle picking up my dog's poop!

    ReplyDelete