Saturday, April 9, 2011

Classics


So I'm not sure why it happened today or even why it happened at all.  But when I was brushing my teeth this morning, I remembered a conversation I had with my sister in law about a week ago.  She's doing a project on Facebook where she post a new song everyday for a month.  Each holds a title, like "favorite song", "least favorite", "song that reminds you of some one, some where" etc.  When I asked what were some of the other themes she began to read them off and when she stated "song that played at your wedding or song you wished played at your wedding" we began to exchange our thoughts.  So I tell her, that honestly if I could do it all over again, I would have played Leather and Lace by Stevie Nicks and Don Henley during our first dance.  Do you know what she responded with?  "Ohh, is that the chick from Fleetwood Mac?"  Me: "Yes Nichole!"  Nichole:  "Yeah, I don't really care for ol Stevie, I can't get into Fleetwood Mac"  Me: Silence.  All I could hear was the sound of my heart breaking and my mind exploding.  WHAT?!!  Who the, where, WHAT?!  I mean, REALLY?  Talk about the world coming to an end and me getting old.  We're talking about classic rock n roll.  It's Stevie freaking Nicks!!  How do you not appreciate classics like Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, just to mention a few.  I guess the hurt went a bit deeper than I realized because like I said, this is all I could think about while brushing my teeth this morning.  Feel free to visit her on Facebook or at her very own blog...http//colebucci.blogspot.com and give her a good tongue lashing for "not caring for" the very songs of our early childhood. 

That being said, here's a pic I took last night which has nothing to do with the classic rock but is however a classic thing to do with your drink when you have no bed side table on your side of the bed, but you do have the convenience of a 7 month old fetus enlarging your uterus.


2 comments:

  1. you hooker! I only said I didn't like what's her name! I however rock out to all the other bands you listed. you better hope I don't draw your name for Christmas this year...just sayin

    ReplyDelete