Monday, August 8, 2011

Extreme Couponing

Maybe I should have titled this "E-bay for Dummies/Danielle"

  Here's where this "only Danielle" story begins.  So my sister-in-law Nichole has been giving me some tips on collecting coupons.  The first (which I have yet to do) is write a letter to the company in which you're wanting the coupon for.  So far Nichole has had good results from doing this.  I was just getting myself prepared to write letters when Cole calls me in her most excited voice and tells me that you can purchase grocery coupons on e-bay!!!  I was slightly skeptical about it and waited for her to get her first purchases in.

 It didn't take long to get me on board.  So tonight I get on e-bay, mind you for the first time in probably a year, to start shopping.  "Wow!  This is awesome! People really cut out coupons and are selling them cheap and often times the shipping is free"  So, I start bidding.  There are several "lots" for sale starting at $0.99 for 100 coupons.  "Sweet!"  And away I go!!  I start bidding and of course bid on the ones ending in like 5 mins or less.  I win 4 when I realize I just bid on one lot for $60.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I totally meant to type in $0.60! 
What am I going to do?!!  So, I just e-mailed the lady and explained.  I hoped for the best and apologized and just explained that I wasn't paying attention.  I really had no idea what I had done.  But to make matters worse I did it again...and again.  Three times I typed in way over the amount intended.  I ended up buying the one item at a little over $5, which wasn't bad for the amount of coupons I'm getting but more than I wanted to spend.  And then I had to write another e-mail apologizing for the same thing only this time I added the fact that I'm good Christian woman who made a mistake and please don't send me hate mail.  Like I said, "E-bay for Dummies"  Nichole, by the way was on the phone with me and just kept saying "I don't what you would do, I don't have these kind of problems.  Maybe you shouldn't e-bay anymore.  Or, maybe you should pay more attention"  Thanks, huzzie!

1 comment:

  1. That totally sounds like something I would do, I'm such a klutz

    ReplyDelete