Friday, January 14, 2011

Adventures

  It certainly has been a busy end of the week.  Yesterday the kids and I joined a friend for a play date.  It's always so nice to get out of the house!  Had a great time and it wore the kids out...YAY!  Since our play date however, I noticed a few spots in my parenting that need a little attention.  Reese is not perfect, but she sure comes close it seems.  She does very well in public and I hardly ever have to remind her of her manners or how to behave.  Logan and Brooke on the other hand...well, their just different kids.  They tend to need a few hundred reminders and even one or two heart-to-heart's off to the side.  So, after being around other very well behaved children, I have decided that maybe Logan and Brooke need a little manner boot-camp.  They were in no means in trouble, but I've been on them like a fly on...the brown stuff. 
  Today I woke up in the mood to finish house hold chores and have them all done BEFORE dinner.  It's not that chores are hard or keeping the kids entertained is either, it's the two combined AND keeping the kids schedule of meals and naps.  Geesh, can make this pregnant chick a little tired.  Then there's the unexpected.  Our precious Rosie hasn't been in the best of shape this month.  Her right, hind leg has really been giving her some problems.  She doesn't put any weight on it anymore.  I've been keeping her on strick bed rest so that she isn't traveling up and down the stairs.  The stairs, it seemed was the culprit to her hurting it in the first place.  But in the last couple of days she just isn't getting any better, she's been getting worse.  My final straw (I really had no choice) was late this afternoon, while folding some laundry, I could hear her from my bedroom crying.  I went to go check out the noise to be sure, and there she was, lying under the bed whining and crying softly.  I called the vet and made an appointment for first thing Sat. morn.  Due to not having anyone to watch the kids on such short notice, I couldn't get in any sooner.  That lasted for 10 mins.  I just couldn't take Rosie being in pain until the next morning.  I called the vet back and they said to be there in 30 min.  Yes, I took Rosie and all 3 kiddo's to the vet with me.  I gave them all the pep talk on how to behave before we went inside.  Well, I guess 1out of 3 aint bad...errr somethin'.  Even more reason to concentrate on Lo and Boo's manners.   They aren't bad kids, they just don't like to listen the first time...or the second, or third, or fourth, or, okay you get the point.  So another $100 visit to the vet in one month's time.  Merry Christmas Rosie, Daddy and I just bought you enough drugs to keep you high til spring.  Not much to report on what is actually wrong with Rosie...weird, we never get to the bottom of problems at my house it seems.  We're just treating the symptoms through the weekend.  If she gets better, great!  If not, back to the vet for x-rays.  Yay me!!  I think Rosie has had as many doctors visits as me and baby!  I love her though and I wouldn't do anything any differently.
  So thats the start to our weekend.  The kids and I dropped Rosie back off at the house, made her comfortable and then headed to the mall to eat at Subway.  Not even quite done eating and Logan shouts out loud how badly he needs to "poop mommy!"  Which was so bad, that the poor girls couldn't finish their last bites of sandwich.  I was wrapping up their dinner and at the same time telling Logan to "just hold your butt cheeks together, boy!"  Seriously, Logan was in tears about his bowels and I was pretty sure he was going to duke in his pants.  We made it to a bathroom though!
 Then we rode some kiddy rides, ordered Daddy a sub for later and headed back to the house while listening to our favorite jams on the way.  That's my story.  It's not terribly exciting, but it sure keeps me on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment