Saturday, January 8, 2011

Elvis' Birthday


Little known fact: Elvis Presley was born on January 8th
Lesser known:  So was my little sister

  Happy 21st birthday Pammie Jean!  It's been a joy watching you grow from a sweet baby girl to B-E-A-UTIFUL young lady.  You have so much to offer this world and I love tuning in to see what your up to next.  Thanks for the memories too!  Stuffing you in the dyer while it might of accidentally got turned on for a split second :)  Your first day of school, eating lunch with you at school.  Awww, and how could I forget you dressed as Jasmine for the Halloween parade?!  Giving you driving lessons...Oh Lawd!   Spending the night with me.  Sitting on my bed with me when I realized  "I'm going into labor!"  Proms, winter balls, graduation.
"It's good...it's good...it's goooood."  

A few bumps along the road of course, but such is life.  The important part is that you have risen above them with the support of your family and a stronger person.  We have shared some close moments as well as shared some space.  But we are now at a point in life where we can be real sisters in every meaning of the word.  Don't get me wrong, being there for you and maybe having a hand in raising you was well worth it and an experience for us both that I hope we never forget.  But this place in life that we're at now has been the most fun!

 I know what tonight will be all about for you.  So all I can say is...BEHAVE, I'll be watching.  Really, I want you to have fun, but a part of me will always worry just a little too much and I'll be ready to say "told you so"
That said, I still wish you a very happy birthday, a great weekend, and a wonderful year, and as always...there is my wish for you, that all your dreams come true!

1 comment:

  1. My nephew was also born on Elvis's birthday. My POOR sister was in labor during a NON STOP Elvis Marathon ( b/c it was a BIG year if he was still alive)

    ReplyDelete