Thursday, January 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Xavier!

This is my nephew, Xavier.  He's turning 6 today and it's been quite the journey.
This little man was born at only 23 weeks gestation.  This was the first grandchild on either side of my or my husbands side of the family and so none of us really knew what to expect.  While we waited by the phone day in and day out from word from my sister-in-law on his progress, I personally remember what I was preparing my heart for, only because I didn't know what kind of a fighter my nephew was.  Now, I'm crystal clear that he is one of a kind sent here from heaven and is an amazing little boy.  He's grown into a well behaved, very loving, giggly 6 year-old who can eat anybody under the table...IF we're eating French fries  :)
Happy Birthday Xavier!  I share so many memories with you buddy and I'll be looking back at all of them this weekend while I wish I could be closer to give you a great big birthday hug and kiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment