Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let it Snow

It took a little while to decide, but I finally made the decision to take Reese to dance class yesterday.  It had already begun to snow but we had only accumulated an inch or so by 3:30pm and class didn't start for another hour.  I wasn't worried about getting to dance, I was concerned with getting out.  By 5:30, I wondered how much more we would get.  I checked Wilson School of Dance website and no cancellations.  "So why not", I thought.  It was either go then, or make it up later.  We make up enough classes when traveling to NC.  "Just go" I thought.

  So we did.  And wouldn't you know it, as we got closer and closer, the snow came down faster and the flakes got bigger.  "Great.  My father-in-law is gonna have to pick us up, I just know it. And then I'll have to leave my car here.  That kinda sucks".   Reeses' class this year is small.  And by small I mean, tiny.  It consist of her and just two other girls, and I know the families are from around here.  Those heffers didn't even show up!  I mean really, the southern chick is the only one who made it out?  Yall are from around here.  It's not like anything shuts down until there's practically a foot or more of snow on the ground.  I mean, Wilson wasn't going to cancel any classes until 7pm anyway!  Geez!  Oh well, I think Reese enjoyed the one on one.  And I was glad for at least Miss Jen's sake that we made it worth her drive to be there as well.
 Oh yeah baby, by 5:30, the outside world was white!  So pretty.  By then my FIL was on his way out to pick us up.  To my surprise he brought my BIL along, and Jason was sweet enough to drive my car back to the house.  Reese rode with Jason while I rode with my FIL, Tim.  The roads weren't too bad, but I don't really think I could have made it by myself.  I mean, I wanted bad to try, but every time we had to make a turn, it made me a little nervous to think how I might have done.  Tim and I talked about it, he kinda talked me through it even though I wasn't driving this time.  I now feel slightly prepared if I ever needed to drive in it.

  Although, last year I drove in some snow with my partner in crime, Nichole.  We had gone to a late movie and hadn't been there half an hour when the parking lot was almost covered!  My husband called what seemed like 100x preparing me, asking me if he could just pick us up.  I of course can tell him no easier than I can my FIL and insisted that I drive home after the movie.  That was a fun trip. Won't forget that one, will ya Cole?  She made me go out of our way to the gas station because she needed a nicotine fix.  So I drove to the gas station, stopped in front of the building still on the highway (it was like midnight or later and no one else was on the roads) and made her run across.  It appeared to be closed but she didn't believe me.  I wasn't gonna drive in the parking lot where no plows had gone through yet and get stuck!  Hahahaha, she ran all the way only to find locked doors!!  I should have left her!  Just kidding, Cole!!!
 My point really, was that I thought it very sweet that my FIL called my BIL to pick Reese and I up and have Jason drive my car back last night.  I couldn't have been more appreciative to them both!  Now we're all here enjoying donuts, coffee and the 3-4in of fluffy white stuff on the ground this morning.

  On a side note:  Isn't is amazing God's creation?  I couldn't stop thinking about that last night as I watched big, and I do mean big, flakes fall from the sky.  I mean, it never seizes to amaze me God's imagination.  Who else would have thought of perception at all?!

2 comments:

  1. ok first of all i wanted a candy bar and second why did you leave out the "other" snow driving situation??? mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talke about "that" situation in the blog I use anonymously....hehehe

    ReplyDelete